Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 support ends on April 11, 2017. Act now. This is consistent with the Microsoft Support Policy, announced in 2002, which stipulates Microsoft’s engagement to support its enterprise products for at least 10 years. End of Life is a key moment to re-engage with your Software Assurance customers to help them in their transition to a cloud-first, mobile-first environment.
Customers with one Exchange Server could typically convert to 8-10 Office 365 licenses
Microsoft has encouraged Queue Associates, and other Microsoft Gold Certified Partners, to reach out to customers on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 to help them modernize their workplace with Office 365.
Why update to Office 365
If you stay on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, it won’t stop working, but you will, in Microsoft’s words, “experience technological challenges that result from staying with unsupported software.” These include:
- No future feature enhancements
- No security updates
- Not supported newer on hardware
- Difficulties when integrating with new enterprise applications
- Not compatible with modern Outlook clients/browsers
Updating to Office 365 for modern Exchange is recommended for the following reasons:
- Office 365 is a cloud-based solution which means you get compatibility with newer devices and apps
- Office 365 is more secure and has better compliance capabilities that adhere to industry standard regulations
- Office 365 is less prone to failure with guaranteed 99.9% uptime, while also being easier to recover
Also, for your calendar, here is the schedule of some additional Office 2007 applications due for retirement over the next 12 months:
- October 10, 2017: Office 2007, Project Server 2007, SharePoint Server 2007, Groove Server 2007
- October 31, 2017: Outlook 2007 connectivity to Office 365
- January 9, 2018: Communications Server 2007
To understand the full scope of products reaching retirement, please visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
Join the Upcoming Customer and Partner Webcast
On March 22, 2017, from 10:00 – 10:30 am PST, Microsoft is hosting a free webcast for customers and partners discussing Exchange 2007 End of Service: Modernize with Office 365. [Register Now]
In this 30-minute webcast, Microsoft will cover the following benefits of Office 365, and why this is a great time to upgrade:
- Improved security: Features like anti-malware, anti-spam filtering, Data Loss Prevention, and security team monitoring keep your sensitive data from falling in the wrong hands
- Mobile productivity: Share documents and data across multiple devices and applications
- Enhanced compliance: Locate email conversations quickly, create accurate compliance reports, and submit them on time with improved auditing, faster search, and the intelligent capabilities of Exchange Online included in Office 365*
*Exchange Online is not included with Office 365 Business or Office 365 ProPlus. See plans for details.
Contact Queue Associates
Learn more about Microsoft Office 365 upgrade and transformation and Microsoft Dynamics solutions from Queue Associates, a Microsoft Gold Partner, please CLICK ON THIS LINK, or on the button below. You will find on our Contact Page phone numbers for Queue offices in your global region, and our simple contact form.