Microsoft Dynamics for Distribution
Many companies within the Distribution Industry do not have the infrastructure or processes to support the creation and delivery of new “value added” services that customers are demanding which can include: different reporting capabilities, shipments within a 2- to 3-hour window, special packaging or palletizing, Vendor Managed Inventory, and new technology such as RFID and bar code scanning, EDI/XML ordering, and Web portals. And of course, customers are demanding these services at ever-lower prices.
Distributors also face a variety of challenges when it comes to automating the warehouse from repetitive tasks—such as order distribution, picking lists, carrier assignment, or customer invoicing. From order entry and packing, to labeling and shipping, removing waste, and reducing error is imperative.
As a result, managing these processes across multiple locations throughout the world adds a dimension of complexity. In an effort to grow, and become more efficient, distribution companies have to implement more advanced management solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics to cope with these changes.
Why Microsoft Dynamics?
Microsoft Dynamics business management software, provides insight into your customers’ needs, the best ways to serve them, and the costs associated with doing so.
- Microsoft Dynamics provides real-time data about demand trends, cost of servicing each customer, slow-moving stock, and the performance of product lines or items. In turn, this helps you better forecast demand, make more informed inventory planning decisions, and unlock the power of a demand-driven supplier network. All of this can help you increase customer satisfaction and repeat business, especially from your best customers.
- Microsoft Dynamics helps you gain insight into your customer and supplier information to fine-tune your pricing, support, purchasing, and delivery.
- Microsoft Dynamics allow for full operational visibility across your organization, supply chain, and customer base. This information can help you determine your most profitable customers, products, and services. It can help you maximize margins and decide where to invest for the future.
- Microsoft Dynamics can help you reduce shrink and other carrying costs, ship goods from the most cost-efficient location, and drive down operational costs with the ability to link records for multiple locations
- Microsoft Dynamics allows companies to gain a competitive edge by strengthening customer relationships with the extra services they want. It can help you identify what customers are looking for, and then customize product and order identification, tracking, labeling, and unitizing standards.
- Microsoft Dynamics lets you map tracking data directly to EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and provide vendor-managed inventory (VMI) for your customers. And it can help you increase efficiency by leveraging bar code and radio frequency identification (RFID) to quickly get real-time delivery information.
To learn more about Microsoft Dynamics for the Distribution Industry, please CONTACT US.